Cooking with your child is a great way to explore their talent; apart from this, baking with your little chef is a splendid idea to spend some quality time with them along with getting a help in the kitchen.
You could also teach them Math by asking them to count the number of eggs that need to be broken, the number of times you sieve the flour, number of spoons required for each ingredient & so forth.
Recipe of a vanilla cake
- One and quarter cup refined flour or maida
- One cup cream or you can use butter
- One cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- One teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pinch of baking powder
- A few drops of food color.
- In a large bowl add the sugar and cream (or butter).
- Use the hand beater to mix them up well.
- Now add the eggs one at a time and mix.
- Add the vanilla essence to the mix and blend the cake batter well.
- Use a separate plate to sieve out the flour in.
- Add the baking powder to the flour during sieving to mix it in well.
- Once the sugar, cream and egg mix turns creamy and is blended well, add the flour in spoon by spoon.
- Now fold in the flour in the mix with a light hand in a circular motion with the spoon. (Kids really love adding the flour)
- Then add the food color and mix well so that it blends in with the full batter.
- Grease a baking dish and pour the cake batter into it.
- Pop it into the microwave for 4 minutes.
- Let it stand in the microwave for another 10 minutes.
There you go; you have a simple recipe to bake a cake with your little chef.
Now, you not only have a delicious homemade cake but also memories to cherish for a longtime!
Get out the knife, forks and plates!