Summers are here in full swing! Although, spotting a ladybug might be a difficult task for kids, but making a few crafty and colourful ladybug rocks isn’t! These adorable Ladybug Rocks can be used as paper weights or decoration. This kids’ craft is fun, easy and super cute.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Washed and dried, round or oval smooth rocks
- Acrylic/Poster paints in red or your choice of colours
- Acrylic/Poster paint in Black
- Black Permanent marker
- Acrylic matte sealer spray
- Wiggle eyes, two for each ladybug
Here’s what you need to do:
Paint washed and dried rocks in red or the colours of your choice and let them dry. Apply several coats of paint if required.
Using black paint, paint ladybug heads on the rocks. Painting about ¼ of the rock would do the trick.
Using the permanent marker, beginning at the bottom of the head, create a straight line down the center of the rock to draw wings.
Dip pencil eraser or a large paint brush into black paint, and draw the spots. You can also use permanent marker for the purpose.
As soon as the paint dries completely, seal the paint using acrylic sealer spray. Let the sealer fully dry.
Apply the wiggle eyes using German white glue and allow it to dry. If you are unable to find wiggle eyes, you can use black and white paint instead. Just create two large white spots on the head, let them dry and then apply smaller black dots on top.
Your pretty little lady bugs are ready!
- If you are going to carry out this activity in a group, it would be helpful to wash and dry the rocks beforehand.
- Larger rocks are easier to handle for smaller hands. However, they are heavier also, hence, having a big group of grown-ups around is important.