Hand printing is lots of fun, and it’s such an easy craft for kids, especially if you use mud instead of paint.
What you need for muddy hand printing
- Sheets of paper
- Fine mud and water (mixed to consistency of paint)
- Cotton buds
How to do hand and foot printing
- Dip the brush in the mud and paint the palm of your hand
- Press your hand down firmly onto a sheet of paper
- Slowly lift it off to reveal your hand imprint
- Add more handprints and footprints
- Decorate around your hand and footprints with dots made from dipping a cotton bud into mud and dotting the paper
Ensure children do not play with dirt that may have been contaminated by animals. Ensure that children do not put dirt or dirty hands in their mouths. Do not use Potting mix (plant soil) as its dangerous and has harmful bacteria. Ensure any cuts are covered. Wash hands afterwards.